(Book 3 in the Bevelstoke Series)
Genre: Historical Romance
Author: Julia Quinn
Publisher: Avon 2010
Description from back of book:
Ten Things You Should Know About This Book
1. Sebastian Grey is a devilishly handsome rogue with a secret.
2. Annabel Winslow’s family voted her The Winslow Most Likely to Speak Her Mind and The Winslow Most Likely to Fall Asleep in Church.
3. Sebastian’s uncle is the Earl of Newbury, and if he dies without siring an heir, Sebastian inherits everything.
4. Lord Newbury detests Sebastian and will stop at nothing to prevent this from happening.
5. Lord Newbury has decided that Annabel is the answer to all of his problems.
6. Annabel does not want to marry Lord Newbury, especially when she finds out he once romanced her grandmother.
7 is shocking, 8 is delicious, and 9 is downright wicked, all of which lead the way to
10. Happily. Ever. After.
I enjoyed this entry in the Bevelstoke Series better than the others and I have enjoyed all three. Once again there is humor, with a secret author who writes gothic novels and a voluptuous heroine who is desperate to be rid of an elderly suitor. All beautifully brought together by Ms Quinn’s wonderful ability to weave a story. The entire series is light hearted and a delightful escapist read.
(other reviews in this series posted on June 17 & 20, 2011)