I like to cook, not so much do I like to bake. So I take short cuts when I bake. I doctor up cake mixes and brownie mixes, I buy the refrigerated chocolate chip cookies and press walnuts on top, and for this recipe, frozen bread dough. These buns are so yummy no one will ever guess that they started out as a loaf of frozen bread dough…..I promise! This makes two pans of buns and I suggest you make the recipe as written. You can always freeze the second pan or better still become the favorite neighbor by giving away a pan.
Deet’s Glazed Cinnamon Raisin Buns
(makes 24 small buns)
2- 14 oz. loaves frozen bread dough, thawed*(Bridgeford and Rhodes are brands I’ve used)
3-4 Tablespoons soft butter
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
½ cup brown sugar
Walnuts or Pecans chopped
Glaze: 1 cup Confectioners sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
add enough milk to the sugar and vanilla to make a drizzly glaze
- Grease two 9” round cake pans.
- Roll out each thawed bread dough to a rectangle of 12”x8”
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the butter on each rectangle of dough.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle on sugar mixture, raisins and nuts (as many as you like) dividing between rectangles
- Roll up each from the long side and pinch dough to seal
- Cut into 1” sections with a sharp knife and place cut side down in the pans. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, Bake rolls for 20-25 minutes. Turn out immediately onto plates.
- Drizzle glaze over top of buns while they are warm.
- To thaw bread dough: grease a pan and place the loaves in the pan and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator overnight.