On July 26, 2014 The Romance Writers of America held their annual awards program handing out “RITA” and “Golden Heart” awards for the best 2013 romances in several categories. If you go to their website and nose around you can find all those who were nominated and a list of the winners. I decided to see how many of the nominees I actually read last year and reviewed. Here is my list:
I’ve read and reviewed 8 out of the 17 novels nominated in this category.
1. The Rogue’s Proposal by Jennifer Haymore, 4-stars
2. The Luckiest Lady In London by Sherry Thomas, 5-stars
3. Love and Other Scandals by Caroline Linden, 4-stars
4. Duke of Midnight by Elizabeth Hoyt, 4.5-stars
5. Darius by Grace Burrowes, 3-stars
6. The Countess Conspiracy by Courtney Milan, 4.5-stars
7. Any Dutchess Will Do by Tessa Dare, 5-stars
I actually read two out of the 18 nominated but so far have only reviewed one. I’m saving the Sarah Morgan book for my December Christmas reviews:
1. Along Came Trouble by Ruthie Knox, 4-stars
I only read 1 out of 13 nominations, shame on me!!! But the one that I read took home the award:
Again I only read 1 out of the 9 nominated:
1. How to Misbehave by Ruthie Knox, 4-stars
Now I’m sounding like a broken record, only 1 read but it was really good and it won in the category:
To see what I had to say about any of these good books, just go to my search box on the left and plug in the authors name.