I’m late blogging today. I was just coming up empty on a post and then I stumbled over this questionaire and thought I’d just give you all some idea of my not so great food preferences.
1. What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink?
Iced Tea, but coffee with half ‘n half is a close second, oh wait! Diet Pepsi!
2. What is your favorite alcoholic drink?
Manhattan, made my way with equal parts Canadian Whiskey and Sweet Vermouth
3. What is your favorite food?
Coconut Cake, Carrot Cake, Any Pie ala mode, Italian food, Homemade Burgers…I could go on and on.
4. What is your least favorite food?
Probably hot dogs although I do like them outdoors at a picnic or on the street in NYC. I probably don’t have a least fave. I just don’t eat what doesn’t look appealing.
5. What do you eat that others think is really weird?
Can’t think of a thing that I eat that is weird. Unless it is hot, brown sugar oatmeal topped with vanilla ice cream. YUM!
6. What is your favourite thing to cook/bake?
Anything quick and easy for dinner. Roast Chicken, comes to mind. You didn’t think that was “quick and easy” did ya? But it is. Just S&P the bird and toss it in a roasting pan, bake at 350 degrees for 20 min/ pound.
7. If you could only chose one, would it be sweet or savory?
Savory or maybe sweet…..geesh!
8. What time do you usually eat your dinner during the week?
Around -6.30, sometimes 7
9. What kitchen item/s have you never owned?
a George Forman Grill
10. What tip would you give to a newby cooker / baker?
Get a good, all purpose cookbook.
11. What is the best vegetarian dish you have eaten?
Vegetable Lasagna, although my “Not Yo Mama’s Mac & Cheese” might win out. (Recipe Here)
12. What is the easiest meal you can cook?
Chicken Verdi, with rice and frozen veggie side dish. (recipe found here, just click.)
13. If you could only grow 3 herbs in your garden, what would you grow?
Basil, Sage and Parsley
14. What would you use as a substitute for salt?
For me there is no substitute, but if salt should disappear, then lots of garlic.
15. What 5 items would you pack for a quick and easy picnic or day out?
Ham and Swiss on rye sandwiches, apples and oranges, chips, cookies and Iced Tea. Oh good grief! That is so boring…..how about a chunk of Sharp Cheddar and a runny Brie, Crisp multigrain crackers, A bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon, Gala Apples and Chocolate cake. Now that’s more like it.
Thanks to blogger Leeswammes for these questions.